Take a walk through chart creation
After you download and install AmiChart the chart creation wizard takes you through these easy steps:
- Choose the type of chart: This lets you specify whether you want a 2 dimensional chart such as a line graph, column chart etc., or a one dimensional chart like a pie chart.
- Creating a data source. A data source tells AmiChart where to obtain the data for your chart. This can be data that is entered directly by the user, copy/pasted from Microsoft Excel or it can also be from a text data file (eg., .comma separated text file format).
- Editing the style of your chart. This is how you tell AmiChart what your chart should look like and how to animate it. AmiChart provides a preview of your chart right within the application so that you can see the result of your changes immediately.
- Specify filenames. In this step you can specify the names of the Flash .swf movie file and the name of the HTML file to use to provide a browser preview of your chart.
- Simply upload .swf file to your website and add the embed code to a HTML page on your site and your chart is there for all the world to see.
It's that easy!